The year has gone by way too fast, I can’t believe tomorrow is Thanksgiving! It seems like the holidays have sneaked up on me this time, but I have to say I am as excited as ever. I love being with family and friends, playing board games and watching movies, sipping hot cocoa and enjoying home cooked meals.
I have always prided myself on being able to find gifts that the recipients will really enjoy. Of course it’s helpful to know something about the person you are buying for, but it’s not necessary. Even the most basic info can go a long way. Below, I have put together a gift guide with gifts that can work for almost anyone on your list – and they are all under $100!
1. I am a firm believer in giving books. They are inexpensive and can work for anyone, whether it be a biography, a cookbook, a coffee table book or even a fictional novel. Vintage Cocktails, Barnes & Noble $32; Christian Louboutin, Amazon.com $95; The Mozza Cookbook, Amazon.com $20.
2. Colorful ballpoint pens and recycled leather notebooks, particularly good for a work gift exchange. Kate’s Paperie $16 and $6.
3. Wool and cashmere scarf, great for any woman on your list, Nordstrom $88.
4. Oversized watches for men or women in a neutral color, Timex $60.
5. Quality bath products are just plain lovely, such as L’Occitane hand cream $26 or Fresh soaps $14.
6. Hostess gifts like a faux-diamond bottle opener, Fredflare.com $12, electric wine opener, Bed Bath & Beyond $20-$50 and a slate platter that can be written on with chalk (ideal for cheese), Crate & Barrel $20.
7. Photo coasters! I have given these to several friends and family members and they just adore them. With these, it’s all about the thought that goes into them. Go with a theme, like vacation photos, or slip in baby photos of all the grandkids for grandma (huge hit), Crate & Barrel $20.
8. I just love this umbrella. It’s big enough, simple and on a rainy day, it’s nice to see a bright blue sky, Moma Store $48.
9. While I’m a big fan of having books, the Kindle is great for on-the-go reading, saving trees and for nights when you don’t want to disturb a roommate or significant other, Amazon.com $79.
10. Wine or beer of the month clubs can be a bit pricey, but you can gift memberships of as little as one to three months and chose to have shipments sent every other month. Another option is creating your own gift basket featuring specialty beer, wine or a special liquor that the intended recipient likes . Beermonthclub.com and Wineofthemonthclub.com, starts at $23/month and $34/month.
If you are still stuck, let me know and I will try to follow-up with a specific suggestions!
Happy gifting…and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!